Thursday, October 28, 2004

T minus 4 days -- getting ready

Here it is Thursday. I am leaving on Monday. I have to organize, pack, double-check. Also, I have to pay my bills here and make sure that the place get cared for, dog gets fed, etc. I am leaving early on Monday, so I really only have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to get ready.

So who am I and where I am going and why? Well, if you don't know, please stop reading this blog! Heh, oh well, so be it.

I am going to see my friend Robert and his family (wife, 2 daughters) in Tokyo. That's the first week. We will all take trip to Kyoto for a couple of days that week also.

The next week I am off to Penang, Malaysia. Food, the ocean, warm weather, food. Yes, I said food twice, wanna make something of it? Let me just finish off this sandwich first...

The third week is optional and will depend on whether I still feel like vacationing after two weeks. If so, I will probably head to some quite beach in Thailand. My airline...would they really strand me in Kuala Lumpur?

I am debating whether to get a new notebook or to take my battle-weary 2000 model which depends on an external battery, has only one USB port and a broken cardbus slot. There is a Compaq for sale at Fry's which is 3.0GHz, 512MB, 80GB, 15.4 xtra bright screen...at $1,299 it seems like a good deal. I am going to get a prepaid SMS card for use in Malaysia. I think I will use it on my PDA (Handspring) which can also function as a phone.

Well, off to dinner in SF with my brother. Maybe I will get the notebook tonight. Yeah, why not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home