Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yo noy soy marinero...soy capitan!

I got dragged to Ocean Park (something like SeaWorld) in HK yesterday.

Asia can be funny. For the pre-show entertainment they had a band claiming to be from Mexico playing Mexican songs. They were pretty easily identifiable as Filipino, though. Anyway, what's with "Tequila!" for a water show in Hong Kong?



I love kettle corn and the other kinds of things you get at American festivals and fairs and amusement parks. I wasn't so thrilled with this food booth - Mr. Squid:



I did a lot of walking in order to try and keep my weight gain down. Here are the charming double-decker Hong Kong streetcars:



I stopped by a bookstore to get a guide to Shenzen, then, when looking for a dinner spot, ran across this odd store:



The W has been a great hotel, and they offered me a 4pm checkout today - great! I will be off to the airport to meet up with Duan and we'll take a car to Shenzhen.

Note: I use a bowflex at home. I worked out with weights yesterday at the hotel gym. Today I am really sore and feel as if I got a much more thorough workout. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home