Monday, February 14, 2005

Bangkok Part Deux

Said our goodbyes at the airport and then I am off to my hotel. Now I am going to miss Megan, but I will also be able to go on my nutty long walks around BKK (she's not keen on trudging around in the heat). Here's what I've noticed today:

1. Good food can be had cheaply at little roadside stalls if you are bold and root out the good ones.

2. There is a strange little Soi (3) which has Indians, Arabs, and Africans.

3. I must really look like my back hurts and I don't know what time it is! I get offered a massage and a Rolex three or four times for every block I walk down Sukhomvit.

4. Yeah. Yeah. Dude looks like a lady!

5. Water, water, and more water.

I bought a little wireless video camera and receiver setup for $35. I will, of course, need 110v transformers, but those won't be hard to find. I don't know what I will do with them...maybe setup a backup cam for the truck, or a security camera for the door.

Today's agenda: Get some walking done! Go to Lumpini park and visit the Erawan shrine/statue. Check out the Muay Thai fights at 6:30. Go to the Suan Lum night market right next to Lumpini stadium. I will head home afterward and pack, as I have an early flight tomorrow to Hong Kong.

That reminds me...I better book a hotel for the night in HK.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny stories serge... Rahul told me about the site. Keep 'em coming!

-James

February 25, 2005 at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home