Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Here we go again!

My flight leaves in 16 hours at 1:20am. I am flying to Bangkok via Hong Kong. I will spend a week in Bangkok, then three days in Vietnam, another five days somewhere in Thailand (playing that by ear), then five days in Hong Kong with a day trip to Shenzhen, China.

This trip I am packing light. If I need anything I will buy it in Asia. That might be tough, though, since they don't have stuff for people of my size there. Maybe I'll grab a few things before I go...I have time. Thankfully, I am not rushing today.

I am taking a notebook computer, an MP3 player, a camera, video camera, and that's about it for electronics. I am going to try and take a lot more photos and videos. When I am old I will want to sit in a room, drooling, and replay the fun times of my life. So I need to up the source material collection.

The flight over has an 8 hour layover in Hong Kong. I am looking into renting a small hotel room there and sleeping. I have a slight cold and need as much rest as possible. I've been healthy for a year and got sick right before this trip. Curses!



I've some leftover Hong Kong and Thai money, and that'll come in handy. My current plan is to take BART to the SF Airport tonight. First I'll hop on the TOTALLY FREE shuttle that Emeryville operates. It stops 150 feet from my front door and takes me to BART in about 5 minutes. Then it's 1 hour on BART and I'll be at SFO. I don't ask my friends to drive me to the airport anymore. This way, when they ask me and I do drive them, they owe me one. I like the BART ride, actually, it's very relaxing and you don't have to worry about traffic problems getting to, or at, the airport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home