Monday, October 13, 2008

+1

Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) is a great place - for an airport. They have wonderful food at good prices and have a pay-in 'lounge' that has a buffet, free neck and shoulder massage, shower, etc. Of course, if you sit around the arrival lounge waiting 3 hours for someone who wasn't even on the plane you don't get any of that luxury.

Duan emailed that he was going to arrive on the 13th. The thing is...he took off from Zurich on the 13th at 11:20pm. His itinerary prepared by his travel agent showed an arrival time without a date, and without the +1 that the civilized world adds. We all got confused and went to meet him last night...finally after hours we threw in the towel and went to Shenzhen without him. I confirmed with his office in San Jose what happened. No biggie, I will have to find something to do today. I think shopping is the most likely event.

The hotel is built around a lake and recreational preserve. It's got a country feel to it:



The theme to the hotel is "Experience the passion of elegance." The mattress is like a cement slab. I got bug bites around my ankles. The place LOOKS great. I am meeting my Shenzhen hosts for breakfast soon where I will update them on the Duan saga.

Crossing the border by car was a breeze - much faster than the walk-across at Lo Wu that I did the last time. I will take lots of SZ pictures today, just like a real tourist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home