Sunday, October 19, 2008

Golf!

I missed the first day of golf while recovering. I had three days of golf after that at Mission Hills, the largest golf complex in the world, straddling Shenzhen and Dongguan. 12 18-hole golf courses, multiple clubhouses, shops, restaurants, practice areas, etc., make this the Mecca of golf. We played the "World Cup" course, the Greg Norman course, and the Pete Dye course. Duan and I got 1 caddy each for every course. The caddies were helpful, bringing/cleaning clubs, lining up putts, finding balls in the rough, raking bunkers.

The courses were meticulously maintained. The greens rolled true and there were no bad spots on any fairway. I was playing with a set of chintzy counterfeit clubs. After some adjustment I was able to use the driver. I hit the irons better than my own irons I have back home. (I have to demo some irons when I return). There were no hybrids, and I could not hit the whippy fairway woods - and quickly stopped trying.



The courses were tough, I didn't score well overall, but I had some great holes and some great shots and really enjoyed myself. The Norman course is considered to be the hardest of all 12, and on the #1 handicap hole, I made par. That was great! The shot of the week belonged to Duan who holed out from a sand trap at 70 yards on the 18th hole of the World Cup course. Amazing!

Yesterday we went DVD shopping (I got a couple of CDs, Duan and friends bought pounds and pounds of DVDs). Today we are going to a notebook computer motherboard repair facility and then to a special kind of restaurant. I will take pictures of the food, for sure. I am back to feeling 100% (thankfully).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hard life you have! :P

I'm jealous

Lisa

October 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Free Buffet said...

Where have you gone? I'm about to go on another trip this time to Mexico City.

February 13, 2022 at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home