Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jet Lag 1, Serge 0

The day started off well. The hotel shower is well-designed and gave me ideas for my next remodel - wherever and whenever that is. The weather is nice (hot, not too humid), so I started off with a walk. I picked up some golf gloves and had lunch. By the way, boneless chicken wings are a great invention. I was feeling a little groggy and thought it better to not hit golf balls - there's no reason to practice poor swings. I swung back around to the hotel after the walk and headed out to get a GSM phone (my Sprint Treo won't take the SIM cards here or in China). I got a basic phone for about $60 and got some prepaid credit for it as well. The number is +852 9621 3058 should anyone want to SMS me! I am having a little trouble recharging it and may have to switch the #, but for now, it's good.

I did some more walking and made plans to head out later in the evening for bowling and general merrymaking - after a short nap. Well, I grabbed a light dinner and started the nap at 6:00pm. I slept right through the alarm and phone calls and woke up at 3:00am. Oops. I am going to head to the gym and pool if they are open at 5:00am and at least get some exercise.

Sunday (today) will be a dim sum brunch followed by more walking. I will take a hike if I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home