Wednesday, February 16, 2022

13 1/2 years later...the blog resurfaces. 8 days in Mexico City coming up!

Since my last blog entry, I got married, had 2 kids, got divorced, moved from Berkeley to Emeryville to Alameda, and have not done much adventure travel. Now that my two girls are older, I plan to start up the travel with them and also sneak in a trip here and there when they are with their mom for extended periods.

That's what this upcoming trip (t minus 24 hours) is - the girls are on a vacation for President's Week (Ski Week was deemed elitist and rightfully so) and I've got some time on my hands so I figured...let's go somewhere! But where?

My Travel + Leisure Magazine (aka window shopping the store of life) announes that the destination of the year is MEXICO. James Taylor crooned "(W)ohhhhh, Mexico. It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low. The moon's so bright, like to light up the night, make everything all right." I've been to Mexico before: Tijuana/Rosarito, Puerto Vallarta, Loreto, but never to Mexico City. I like big cities (Moscow, Madrid, Tokyo, Bangkok, Paris, New York, etc.) and with over 21 million people in Greater Mexico City, it's surprising I have not been there before. Well, now's my chance!

Tomorrow morning I get a ride to BART, which will take me to SFO. 5 hours later I will be dealing with immigration and customs forms. Today is packing! I have a schedule of activities for my stay that should hopefully keep my interest high and my time in the hotel room low.

Thursday just lay low and acclimate to the higher elevation.

I'll proably wander out for tacos and mexcal. Keep an eye on this page and you can follow along...if you're that starved for reading material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home