Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Little Farmers and Transport Woes!

Today started out great. I went with my friends 3 year old on a school field trip to a sweet potato patch where they kids got to dig up potatoes. That was a lot of fun. It's been a while since I sat on a school bus.


After the field trip, I went back to change and was going to meet Robert at the Park Hyatt's "New York Grill", famous from the movie "Lost in Translation." I got in a cab at Robert's apartment, about 10 minutes away from where I was going to meet him, and his wife gave the taxi driver the instructions. I had a bad feeling about that guy and it turned out to be true. For starters, his cab smelled like a stupid person. I know that doesn't make sense, but, ah, well, trust me. So this guy is driving round and round in circles (through the busiest part of Tokyo), went the wrong way down a one way street, stopped a ton of times to look at his map, stopped in the middle of the road to think, etc. After 50 minutes I told him to stop, that I was getting out to walk. He pulled over and let me out and that was that. I got in a new cab and he took me to the meeting point (another famous hotel, the Okura) in about five minutes.

Now, dinner at the New York Grill was awesome! Thankfully, I am a big client for Robert's company so they picked up the tab on his expense account. Well, I mean, I *could* be a big client, you know, if, errr, I were big and I were a client. Hmm... call it 'client development' then. Anyway, the steak was fantastic, and I had the requisite Suntory. And, yes, it made for a 'relaxing time.'

Later that night we went CD shopping and ended up getting a famous "MOSburger", a Japanese hamburger that is supposed to be the best anywhere. It was a meatloaf sandwich on a hamburger bun. Not bad at all, but not a hamburger. Nope, no way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home