Friday, November 05, 2004

Tokyo Auto Show, Here I Come!

...or not. Seriously, yesterday we spent six, count 'em, SIX hours on the trains trying to get to the auto show, which should have been maybe a 40 minute ride. Robert is a great guy but he is not very good on the trains and won't talk to anyone. Of course, I could have, but, err, I don't speak Japanese. Anyway, we ended up in BFJ and had a cheap lunch. I was able to find a cool toy for Chris and they wrapped it up for me. Then back on the rails trying to get to the car show. We gave up, headed home, and had some very reasonably priced good Italian food right across the street from his apartment. His kids are quite adventurous, having octopous ceviche, fried calamari, spaghetti carbonara, etc. I am still sick. I feel I am on the edge of getting better or worse, and will try to relax today. I wanted to go out and experience from nutty Japanese nightlife, but I don't think it will happen this trip given my cold. Who knows, maybe there will be a fun place in Kyoto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home